Last updated 13/2/2024
RoofBuddy Limited (company number 8257894) (the Company) is committed to protecting the personal information of all its website and platform users (Users) in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act) and the Information Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act.
For further information, please see www.privacy.org.nz.
About the Company and the Services
The Company operates the www.roofbuddy.co.nz website and mobile applications (together the Site) and provides an online platform (Platform) to enable Users to search for and obtain quotes for roofing products and other products and services from roofing companies (Roofers).
The Company operates and maintains the Platform on the Site and provides various services to Users to enable Users to request and obtain quotes from roofing companies in relation to roofing services, so Users can accept quotes to bind Users to a roofing contract between a User and a roofer (Services).
Changes to this Policy
Collection of Personal Information
In the course of providing Services, the Company may collect, store and use a User's personal information as defined in the Act as any information about an identifiable individual and may include a User's:
- contact details (including but not limited to phone number, residential address, email address)
- date of birth;
- copy of identification documentation, including but not limited to a driver's licence or passport;
- information about the User that is publicly available; and
- financial information, together, (Personal Information)
Purpose and Use of Personal Information
The Company only collects Personal Information as necessary for its business and activities, which may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- to generate quotes for Services to Users based on the Personal Information and other information they have entered into the Platform;
- to engage roofing companies to provide a quote for the User;
- to promote and market the Services to Users, including contacting Users electronically (for example, via the Company's text or email newsletters);
- to personalise, customise and improve the Services provided to the User;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing Services or creating new Services;
- to verify the identity of the User, including for the purposes of AML identity checks;
- to communicate with Users in relation to the Services;
- to respond to communications from a User, including any complaints;
- to co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities;
- by another entity or affiliate in the Company's group to enable the function and provision of the Services;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; or
- for any other purpose authorised by a User, the Privacy Act and/or GDPR.
The Company may publish to the Platform a User's feedback / review which a User has provided to the Company. Publishing of feedback / review will include the User's first name, photo (if provided) and general location (i.e. suburb).
Disclosure of personal information
The Company may disclose User's Personal Information to:
- Roofing companies and other Roofing contractors that use the Platform;
- any business that supports the Services for the Company, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products;
- the Company's related companies and subsidiaries (as those terms are defined in the Companies Act 1993);
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking a User;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require the Company to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- any other person authorised by the User.
The Company may transfer Users information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition.
Users may request the Company to stop sending marketing messages at any time, by contacting the Company at email@example.com.
Users authorise the Company to transfer, store and process personal information in New Zealand and in other countries where the Company has reasonable grounds to believe that the recipient has in place safeguards comparable to New Zealand's privacy laws.
The Company reserves the right to use data (on a strictly anonymous basis) for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, accounting and advertising and other business purposes.
Protection and Retention of Personal Information
Third Party Links
The Site, Platform and Services may contain or provide links that direct the User to third party websites (Third Party Sites). The User acknowledges and agrees that they are wholly responsible for their use of any Third Party Sites and any personal information disclosed directly to third parties.
Legal Rights and Access to Personal Information
Users have the following rights in relation to their personal information:
- To request access to their personal information.
- To request a correction to their personal information.
- To request the deletion or removal of their personal information.
- To object to the processing of their personal information.
- To request a restriction on the processing of their personal information.
- To request a transfer or their personal information to the User or a third party.
- To withdraw consent to the use of their personal information.
If at any time a User wishes to exercise any of the rights above, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company may charge Users reasonable costs associated with responding to a User's request.
Data Processing Agreement